Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Update: Diet, Training, Life

Today I'll give you an update of where I'm at in a few different things. First I'll start with diet.

I've been dieting down for 10.5 weeks now for my upcoming show and it still isn't easy. I'm lucky that I have a strong will power, but sometimes things get really tedious. For the first 10 weeks I was using the Carb Cycling method. Things started slowing down, so I've switched to a Ketogenic diet. That means it's meat (chicken or beef in my case) plus nuts (almonds and cashews are my favorites) plus fish oil and borage oil. I also eat some broccoli or cauliflower once a day. I like the foods I'm eating, but it's pretty monotonous. Only a few more weeks though.

As far as my training is going, until yesterday I hadn't lifted in 7 days because I strained a muscle in my neck a few weeks ago. Any heavy lifting would cause a CRAZY headache, but I've been going to an awesome chiropractor (Dr. Shapiro in Old Bridge, NJ) and things are getting better. Cardio is up to an hour and a half some days per week but due to Rutgers fitness centers being closed most of spring break(this week), Friday was the last time I did the steady-state cardio. I do drag sleds though and later today I'll be doing 21 sled drags because I turned 20 yesterday(1 for good luck). Hopefully by Monday I'll be able to return to doing upper body lifts and I'll definitely be hitting the cardio very hard.

This past weekend I felt like absolute shit. I don't know if it was the weather or the fact that I couldn't lift for a few days because of my neck, but it was bad times (sluggish, lack of motivation, tired, my legs felt like bricks). Whatever, that's over with. Maybe I was just beat up, but the time to Kick Ass is now and I'm feeling ready to conquer the world. As far as this site's content goes, I still owe you guys Kettlebell demos. Those will be up once I'm cleared to lift heavy again. Now this may sadden some of you, but the "WTF?!?!" series will be discontinued. I'd rather spend my time trying to educate than bitch about trivial shit(check out the article on fats though because it's definitely worth the read). Instead, I'll be focusing at least one day a week on training specifically for lacrosse. It's a sport I played for 5 years and still love it. This spring especially I've been getting huge urges to play lax and I think the players deserve a solid resource to find out how to improve their level of play.

That's all for now. Hopefully you've been enjoying the content on this site and if there is anything you'd like to know more about, drop a comment below, e-mail me, or facebook me and I'll definitely post info on here. Stay Strong!

1 comment: